Heat Hog 18,000 BTU LP Portable Heater
Stay warm indoors and outdoors with the Heat Hog 18,000 BTU portable propane radiant space heater. Great for your garage, tailgating, ice fishing, hunting, camping, or anywhere you need reliable convenient heat quickly. Features a patent-pending tiltable design so you can adjust the heat angle, directing the heat where you need it most.
- Waste less fuel and maximize the use of your liquid propane (LP) gas with the warming dock. The colder an LP tank gets, the less amount of fuel in it will burn. The dock keeps the fuel warm, making sure to get the most BTUs out of each tank
- Curved plaque technology provides a 33-degree wider heating area than a standard heater. That means more heat coverage for you and those around you
- Heats up to 450 square feet with up to 18,000 BTUs of radiant heat output, running on a 1 lb. LP cylinder or a 20 lb. propane tank (with accessory hose), no electricity required
- Includes a fold-down handle, a quick connect rail swivel-out fuel connection, rugged safety guard, a safety tip-over switch and an Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) which detects low oxygen or accidental falls, automatically turning off the unit
- Easily access components for cleaning or part replacement
- Requires AAA battery for ignitor, battery is not included
- 1-year limited warranty, LP cylinder not included
Weight: 13.75 lbs
Dimensions: 14.25 × 11.5 × 14 in
Free standard shipping in the United States only. Arrives in estimated 3-5 business days from order date.
Can I use a 20lbs tank with my Heat Hog instead of the standard 1lb cylinder?
Yes, Heat Hog 18,000 BTU and 9,000 BTU are certified for use up to a 20lb cylinder. Larger tanks are not considered portable.
Use a hose such as the 20LB TO 1LB HOSE ADAPTER for the 9,000 BTU unit or the 20LB QUICK CONNECT HOSE WITH REGULATOR for the 18,000 BTU unit.
How do I get my Heat Hog to light? (18K)
Make sure to hold down the control valve for 30 seconds prior to ignition to allow the gas supply to reach the pilot and purge air.
The 18K Heat Hog comes with an electronic ignition button. Be sure 1 AAA battery is installed correctly. To check or replace the battery, unscrew the ignition button and place a fresh battery positive (+) side up.
Be sure your propane bottle or tank has fuel in it. If using a 20lbs tank, be sure the valve on the propane tank is open.
Can I use my Heat Hog both indoors and outdoors?
Yes, but proper ventilation is required for safe usage, as it is an unvented gas-fired heater. The heater uses air (oxygen) from the area in which the heater is used. Adequate combustion and ventilation air must be provided. The Heat Hog does have a safety Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) to keep you safe but you must follow the instructions as outlined in the Heat Hog owners’ manual.
In Massachusetts and Canada, unvented heaters are prohibited from use indoors according, to law.
My Heat Hog runs for a while, then shuts off. How do I prevent this?
The heater uses air (oxygen) from the area in which the heater is used. Adequate combustion and ventilation air must be provided. Due to the Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) safety feature, the heater may shut-off due to lower levels of oxygen. If this happens, provide fresh air, wait 5 minutes and re-light.
Ready for Anything, Built for Everything
Get the heat where you need it most.
Heat Hog’s tiltable design lets you control where the radiant heat goes no matter where it might be sitting. Use the Heat Hog as a garage heater or outdoors. Now you can heat more than just your feet.
Get more heat with our curved plaque.
The curved heating plaque provides a 33° wider heating area than a standard portable propane heater. That means more of your herd stays warm and comfy.
TANK HEATING DOCK
Get more out of your fuel with fewer tanks.
The colder an LP tank gets, the less the amount of fuel will burn. Heat Hog’s Dock keeps your extra cylinder warm, so get more out of your fuel with fewer tanks.
For Any Adventure
- Workshops (Propane Garage Heater)